This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, please assume we make a commission. Thank you.
Pizza is such an easy party food for two reasons: it’s easy to serve to a crowd and it’s delicious, everyone likes pizza!
But what to serve on the side? That depends on a few things–is this a pizza party that you’ve having at home with your family?
Or a kid’s birthday party?
Perhaps you’re just feeding a crowd at your house?
Whatever the case, this list has you covered!
What to serve with pizza at a pizza party? The ultimate guide!
- What to serve with pizza at a pizza party? The ultimate guide!
- What to serve with pizza at a kid-friendly party or birthday party
- What to serve with pizza for a crowd?
- The best salad(s) to serve with pizza
- What to serve with pizza other than salad?
- Pizza dipping sauce
- What to serve with pizza for dinner
- Let's connect?
What to serve with pizza at a kid-friendly party or birthday party
Kids typically like simple sides, and nothing fancy. In my experience, it’s best to serve simple, easy-to-grab sides such as:
- Breadsticks or garlic knots
- Fruit skewers, or a fruit tray
- Veggies skewers, or a veggie tray with ranch dip
- Fries, onion rings, or make it super easy and just get a bag of store-bought chips
- Chicken wings or nuggets
- Mini sliders or cut up sandwiches (perhaps order a big sub from Subway and slice it into thin pieces)
- Meatballs with marinara, such as these:
And of course, don’t forget dessert if this is a kids pizza party! Some store-bought cupcakes and ice cream are always a hit!
What to serve with pizza for a crowd?
It definitely seems weird to call it a pizza party if you’re hosting adults, so let’s call it a gathering.
When hosting a crowd, ordering pizza is easy and it really takes the stress off of the host when planning a menu. Frankly, I think it’s a fabulous idea if you’re hosting some kind of get together, party or event to get pizza as your main dish and then add tons of appetizers, sides, desserts, and drinks to make things fun.
You could even do it potluck-style and ask guests to bring something (or easily make the sides in advance).
Some of the best sides for a crowd are:
- An antipasto platter, or a charcuterie board consisting of cured meats, cheese, olives, and roasted vegetables
- Salad (scroll on to see the best salads to serve with pizza)
- Cold pasta salad
- Sliced up Italian subs
- A fruit or veggie platter with dip
- Buffalo chicken bites with Greek Yogurt Ranch
- Bruschetta, homemade or store bought would be such an awesome side!
- Hummus and pita chips
- Spinach-artichoke dip
- Hot crab dip
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Sweet potato fries
The best salad(s) to serve with pizza
What to serve with pizza other than salad?
The easiest thing to do (if you’re ordering pizza at a restaurant) is to simply order sides to go along with it such as:
Italian subs or some kind of sub and simply slice it into thin bites that each person in attendance can grab and some chicken wings.
The next easiest thing to do is to make some simple sides at home such as:
- Chips and dip (such as this Buffalo Crab Dip, pita chips and hot spinach dip, cool ranch dip, or onion dip)
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Onion Rings
- Buffalo Chicken Thighs
- Grilled vegetable, such as grilled broccolini
Pizza dipping sauce
Ranch is the most popular, but consider trying one of these dipping sauces next time you serve pizza:
What to serve with pizza for dinner
We often have “family pizza party nights”. It’s a fun family event. I either make pizza (such as these Air Fryer English Muffin Pizzas), or I just order it from a restaurant, and we all choose a movie or show on Netflix, and gather around the coffee table for dinner.
Usually I do this on a Friday if we’re totally exhausted after a week of work and activities. It brings us all together and it’s just fun.
Some great sides to serve would be:
- Alfredo chicken pasta
- Onion rings
- French fries
- Store-bough steamed veggies
- Boneless bbq chicken wings