This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, we will make a commission. Thank you.
Easy Air Fryer English Muffin Pepperoni Pizzas are super easy, and they’re a hit with kids and teenagers!
Pizza cravings are a real thing around here, and this is an easy way to get a pizza on your plate quickly.
These air fryer english muffin pizzas are super simple to make. I think it would surprise anyone that you can make mini pizzas in the air fryer using just a few ingredients. And if I do say so myself, they're a fun alternative to traditional pizza.
I know that you can get store bought frozen pizza bites in the frozen section of your local grocery store, but here’s the thing–these are way better. Absolutely worth the few extra steps. Plus, they’re cheaper to make, and you can make as many as you want (just be sure to adjust the recipe as needed for the amount that you want).
Because these are an easy snack/easy dinner, they're a great option for the whole family on busy weeknights, for picky eaters, or when you have just a couple of minutes and want some personal pizzas.
Why the air fryer works for pizza
Not only can you make full meals in the air fryer, but you can make quick snacks, too. They're so versatile that it's ridiculous! They're also easy to store and clean.
This is the air fryer that I have and use, and I always recommend it!
Additionally, here are a few air fryer accessories that make clean-up a breeze!
If you don't have a magnetic air fryer table, this is just a fun thing to have on the side of your fridge to reference anytime you're wondering about cook times.
- English muffins - mostly because this is an English muffin pizza recipe, but also because they make an amazing little, crispy crust for your mini pizzas!
- Butter - for toasting the English muffins so that they don't get soggy, and it makes them taste better.
- Pizza sauce - just use a store-bought jarred pizza sauce to make things easy.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - if you're making these pizzas for kids, I suggest sticking with mozzarella, but if you're making these for yourself or other adults, you can certainly get fancy with the cheeses and toppings (more on that below).
- Pepperoni - they taste better when cut into smaller bits, I suggest doing that but you certainly don't have to. Or use mini pepperoni if you have some.
- Red pepper flakes - for a little bit of flavor and heat. Leave them out if you're sensitive to heat and spice (or serving them to someone who is).
- Italian seasoning - for some pizza flavor.
Here is how to make air fryer english muffin pizzas (step-by-step):
I can't stress enough that this is an easy recipe, and it's fun to make. Get the kids involved, they will love making their own little pizzas!
Step 1: Butter the split English muffins (or use olive oil spray), place them into the air fryer basket, and air fry for 1-2 minutes. Shut the air fryer off.
Step 2: Then add the pizza sauce (you don't need much sauce, but if you like things saucy, feel free to add extra), cheese, pepperonis, and seasonings.
Step 3: Turn the air fryer back on to 375 degrees F. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
The great thing about this recipe, is you can feel free to use your favorite pizza toppings. Use whatever toppings you like and feel free to modify as needed.
- English muffins - you can easily swap the English muffins for mini bagels and make pizza bagels instead.
- Butter - you can swap the butter for a spritz of cooking spray or a drizzle of olive oil.
- Pizza sauce - just use a store-bought jarred tomato sauce, or marinara sauce. Or use homemade pizza sauce if you have some on hand.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese - you can use Italian blend cheese, parmesan cheese, or a blend of cheeses.
- Pepperoni - in addition (or instead of), consider adding bacon bits or cooked sausage crumbles.
- Red pepper flakes - if you don't like any heat, consider leaving the red pepper flakes out.
- Italian seasoning - you can use basil (fresh or dried) or oregano in place of Italian seasoning, but Italian seasoning does it it a more classic pizza flavor.
- Make it vegetarian - instead of using pepperoni, slice some bell peppers (consider sautéing them until soft), and fresh tomatoes. Or just make plain cheese pizzas.
- Up the health factor - use whole wheat (whole grain) english muffin halves instead of the standard white ones.
When it comes to air fryers and cooking time - CAN AND DOES VARY. You may need to cook them for an extra minute or two. Please use your best judgment when you're making these, if they need another minute or two, don't be afraid to deviate slightly from the recipe card below, as all air fryers are different.
Don't overcrowd the air fryer. Work in batches if you need to, the size of your air fryer will dictate how many mini pizzas you can cook at a time.
What to serve with English muffin pizzas
For a quick snack - you don't really need to serve a side. However, if you're serving these as a quick meal, I suggest serving them with a homemade salad, or a store-bought salad kit!
Or make things even easier and just serve them with some fresh fruit.
Storage + leftovers
Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
Reheat in the air fryer at 280 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes, or until they're warmed through.
More easy air fryer recipes to try:
Yes you can, most air fryers have settings and if you're dealing with leftover pizza (such as these air fryer English muffin pizzas), I recommend using the "reheat" setting and reheating it for 3-5 minutes until it's warmed through.
Yes! Please scroll down to the recipe card for detailed instructions. The process is simple and straightforward. Depending on your particular air fryer this process only takes a few minutes and it's very easy!
3-5 minutes max. It doesn't take long at all.
Easy Air Fryer English Muffin Pepperoni Pizzas
- 2 English muffins split apart
- 2 tbsp butter softened
- ¼ cup pizza sauce
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese grated
- 4 pepperonis cut into ¼s
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- Butter the English muffins, air fry for 2 minutes. Shut the air fryer off.
- Then add sauce, cheese, pepperoni, and seasonings.
- Turn the air fryer back on to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Cook for 3 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 1-2 days.
- Reheat in the air fryer at 280 degrees Fahrenheit for 3 minutes, or until they're warmed through.
- When it comes to air fryers and cooking time - CAN AND DOES VARY. You may need to cook them for an extra minute or two. Please use your best judgment when you're making these, if they need another minute or two, don't be afraid to deviate slightly from the recipe card below, as all air fryers are different.
- Don't overcrowd the air fryer. Work in batches if you need to, the size of your air fryer will dictate how many mini pizzas you can cook at a time.