Crispy, sticky, salty and sweet Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon are seriously an incredible side dish! Perfect for entertaining or just a special night. In under 20 minutes you can have this on the table, and it’s always a crowd pleaser!
Please do me a huge favor and make these Brussels sprouts immediately, okay?
The outsides have a slight crispiness, the combo of savory and sweet topped with pecans and goat cheese? I just can't get enough of these uniquely flavored, somewhat unexpected deliciousness that you get in every bite of these Brussels.
ARE THESE AIR FRYER BRUSSELS SPROUTS WITH BACON A SIDE DISH?
I recommend you serve these as a side dish with chicken or beef. They’re incredible as a side to a basic or fancy dinner. I’ve served them with roast chicken, mashed potatoes, and steak. I’ve also served them on their own as a light main course or lunch.
You could also add them to a holiday spread, I imagine they would go over incredibly well!
DO I HAVE TO USE A SPECIFIC TYPE OF AIR FRYER
You don’t have to, I used a Ninja, this one to be more specific, but I also have an Instant Pot Air Fryer Lid and that method works just as well.
I prefer the Ninja air fryer to be honest, over the Instant Pot. It’s easier to give the basket a good shake mid-cooking.
IS THIS RECIPE KID-FRIENDLY?
If you’re serving this recipe to kids, I would cut the amount of red pepper flakes in half. Instead of using ½ tsp, I’d use ¼ tsp, or omit it completely.
CAN I MAKE THIS RECIPE VEGETARIAN?
Yes you can make this recipe vegetarian! Just omit the bacon, you really don’t need it, but if you do this, I would salt it to taste, and add a pat of butter when you’re finished cooking it--it won’t be as salty or flavorful.
WHAT WINE PAIRS WELL WITH THIS RECIPE?
It pairs well with dry red or dry white wine. I don't think a sweet wine works well, but I've done it! 😉
Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon
- Air Fryer
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 shallot minced
- 2 slices bacon diced
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup pecans chopped
- ½ tsp coarse sea salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes use ¼ tsp if you don’t want too much heat
- 1 lb fresh brussels sprouts cleaned + sliced in half vertically
- 2 oz fresh goat cheese crumbled
AIR FRYER COOKING INSTRUCTIONS
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, shallot, bacon, maple syrup, pecans, salt, garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes.
- Add the halved Brussels sprouts into the mixture and toss until combined.
- In your air fryer, toss everything into the basket (no need to preheat or grease!), spread the Brussels out as evenly as possible. Close the basket and turn the air fryer to “air fry” or 400°F, for 7 minutes.
- Open the basket and flip the Brussels sprouts, or just shake the basket. Close the basket and continue to cook for another 3 minutes at the same setting.
- While the Brussels finish, crumble the goat cheese with your fingers, it doesn’t have to be perfect!
- Place the Brussels sprouts into a serving dish, top with the crumbled goat cheese and a pinch of coarse salt. Serve immediately.
- Prep the Brussels as directed in steps 1-2.
- In a deep pan or cast iron skillet over medium heat, heat up the pan for about 4-5 minutes. Add the combined ingredients and allow them to sit on the pan, evenly, for about 5-7 minutes, or until the bottoms are browned. Give them a stir and repeat. Crumble your goat cheese while you wait for the Brussels to finish cooking.
- When the Brussels sprouts look crispy enough, place them onto a serving dish or bowl, add crumbled goat cheese, and serve.