This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, please assume we make a commission. Thank you.
When abstaining from alcohol, it’s nice to feel included by having a delicious (alcohol-free) adult beverage in your hand!
When everyone around you is gathered around the cheese board with a glass of wine, you certainly want to have something fun to sip on!
Whether you’re looking to make a craft mocktail at home or grab something from the store, we’re going to talk about some of the best options!
- Why I'm passionate about mocktails and non-alcoholic options
- Why choose a non-alcoholic drink or mocktail to pair with charcuterie?
- My personal favorite zero-proof drinks to pair with cheese
- What are the best non-alcoholic drinks to pair with cheese? Here are 10 ideas:
- The best store-bought mocktails to pair with charcuterie?
- 8 Best homemade mocktails to pair with cheese
- Let's connect?
Why I'm passionate about mocktails and non-alcoholic options
I enjoy social gatherings but since giving up alcohol roughly 6 months ago, it’s hard to find exciting drinks to fill the gap.
Alcohol is something that I’ve found that left unchecked, I’ll overindulge in. So I gave it up! And haven’t looked back since.
When I started making and buying non-alcoholic craft mocktails, a whole new world of functional drinks opened up to me. Not only are they more fun, more delicious, and just-as-satisfying, I can rest assured (literally) that my sleep won’t be disrupted and I’ll wake up headache-free!
Why choose a non-alcoholic drink or mocktail to pair with charcuterie?
Let me hop up on my soap box for a moment: drinking alcohol is BORING. Yes, seriously, it’s boring, it’s the same thing over and over again, there’s nothing fresh or new about it.
Wine is wine. And you pretty much always go for your favorite one, so this whole “wine pairing” thing is pretty much a scam. People that drink red wine pair it with their fish and people that drink white wine pair it with their steak.
I suggest stepping out of your comfort zone, and trying something new! Also, you’ll feel better – you won’t be poisoning yourself or waking up with a hangover (which is literally the result of poisoning yourself because alcohol is ethanol).
Ethanol is rocket fuel, after all. Why are we drinking it on a consistent basis? This needs to change.
My personal favorite zero-proof drinks to pair with cheese
I’m a huge mocktail gal. Personally I’d go with tart cherry juice with a splash of sparkling water if I’m trying to keep things simple. The reason being - it looks a lot like red wine, nobody will ask you what you’re drinking, and it tastes great with sharp cheeses! There’s something about the tardiness of the cherries and the bubbles that make it a perfect pairing.
Also, I love to make my own functional mocktails (mocktails with some benefits), those are linked below.
What are the best non-alcoholic drinks to pair with cheese? Here are 10 ideas:
- Coffee or espresso
- Mocktails (store bought or homemade)
- Sparkling cider
- Carbonated water with citrus (like lemon, lime or grapefruit)
- Adaptogenic drinks
- Tonic and lime or grapefruit juice
- Tea such as hibiscus (hot or iced)
- Tart cherry or pomegranate juice
- Ginger ale or ginger beer
The best store-bought mocktails to pair with charcuterie?
Luckily there are so many options on the shelves, some of which you can even find in the grocery store or liquor store.
What I love most about these store-bought options are that you can literally just open them, and they’re ready to go. There's absolutely no fuss involved.
They’re also super creative–most have adaptogens to boost your mood, mushrooms, botanicals, and naturally buzzy elements to them!
Some even have kava! Which is a famous alcohol-replacement that gives you that relaxed feeling that you’d get from a glass of wine. I have a kava mocktail below, be sure to check it out!
Some of the best store-bought mocktails to pair with cheese are:
- Betty Buzz Sparkling Soda - these are awesome.
- Recess Zero Proof Margaritas - these are light and refreshing craft margaritas without alcohol. They even have some functional benefits!
- Dei Soi - these are craft sparkling drinks (that kind of taste like champagne or rose) with adaptogens. Love these.
- Kin Euphorics - if you haven’t tried Kin, I suggest you run to amazon (or just click over to it) and get a bottle! This stuff is so fun and awesome! Makes a fantastic mixer! A fun drink that ALSO helps you sleep? Yes, please!
8 Best homemade mocktails to pair with cheese
What non-alcoholic drink pairs well with steak?
If you're pairing a mocktail with steak, I recommend a full-bodied, flavorful mocktail with a lot of flavor--I recommend this Earl Grey Mocktail.
What non-alcoholic drink pairs well with cigars?
That's an easy one--this Kava Mocktail. Kava is super relaxing and paired with cigars, it's a perfect pairing.
What non-alcoholic drink to pair with chicken?
Almost any mocktail would be a good choice, but this Green Tea Mocktail is perfect with chicken! And gives you a nice relaxing energy boost to finish off the evening.