This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, please assume we make a commission. Thank you.
Ultra refreshing, tart, and delicious, this Orange Passion Mocktail is going to be a new favorite!
The ingredients are pretty easy to acquire, Tazo’s Passion Tea is sold pretty much everywhere, even Amazon (you can get it, here).
Other than that, everything else is pretty straightforward, let’s discuss:
- Passion tea - this tea is almost always served ice and it’s often the base for something else (like a pink drink, a mocktail, etc). It contains a blend of hibiscus flowers, orange peel, rose hips, passion fruit flavor, and cinnamon. Honestly it’s a perfect combination and I always have some on hand! If you can’t find it or don’t want to use it, you can simply swap it for hibiscus tea or rose tea!
- Honey - this ingredient is simply to sweeten the drink a little bit. I don’t like my mocktails overly sweet or sugary (this is just my preference). But if you don’t mind, you can swap the honey for white sugar or simple syrup. Just be sure to dissolve whatever sweetener you use in the hot tea when you’re brewing it.
- Orange juice - freshly squeezed orange juice would be my preference. If it’s winter, you can use a blood orange. You could always use store-bought orange juice, or use a lemon or lime.
- Sparkling water - for bubbles. If you like your drink on the sweeter side feel free to use lemon-lime soda.
- Pink Himalayan salt - for rimming your glass. This is a totally optional step but I like to add it because Himalayan salt may help with hydration. That, and it just looks very nice.
How to make it step-by-step (with photos)
The drink comes together pretty quickly, it’s not difficult to make at all!
STEP 1: Brew the passion tea and stir in 1 tsp of honey to sweeten it. Set it aside to cool.
STEP 2: Grab an orange wedge and rim the side of ½ your glass. Dip it into the pink salt.
STEP 3: Fill your glass with ice and pour the brewed tea into it and add the orange juice.
STEP 4: Top your glass with a splash of sparkling water (just a splash, don’t water it down too much).
What is the best temperature to brew Tazo's Passion Tea?
I like to brew it around 200 degrees F. This temperature allows for the flavors to steep without getting bitter. I find that usually allowing it to steep for around 3-5 minutes produces the best color and flavor!
More mocktail and alcohol-free drinks to try
If you love mocktails and alcohol-free drinks, consider giving these a try!
Orange Passion Mocktail
- ½ cup brewed Passion Tea
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 oz orange juice freshly squeezed, see notes*
- Sparkling water for topping off your glass
- ½ tsp pink himalayan salt for rimming your glass
- Brew the passion tea and stir in 1 tsp of honey to sweeten it. Set it aside to cool.
- Grab an orange wedge and rim the side of ½ your glass. Dip it into the pink salt.
- Fill your glass with ice and pour the brewed tea into it and add the orange juice.
- Top your glass with a splash of sparkling water (just a splash, don’t water it down too much).