This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, we will make a commission. Thank you.
The perfect poolside companion would be this passion fruit mojito mocktail! It’s super refreshing, delicious, and you’re going to be passionately obsessed!
First things first–is it passionfruit or passion fruit? It’s a matter of semantics, if you’re in the USA it’s passion fruit, and if you’re in Australia or New Zealand, it’s passionfruit. So, it doesn’t matter. I’m in the USA, so I’ll be spelling it passion fruit, but either way you like it is technically fine.
Ingredients to make a Passion Fruit Mojito Mocktail
- Passion Fruit - passion fruit is a South American tropical fruit. It’s firm on the outside, but the seedy, fleshy insides are perfect for scooping out and eating, making into smoothies, or (my favorite) for cocktails. The passion fruit is slightly tart, and the flavor pairs well with citrus.
- Lime juice - lime juice really brings this cocktail to life, after all, it is a mojito and you can’t have a mojito without lime.
- Fresh mint leaves - muddling the mind leaves (pushing and squishing them) to release some of their natural oils helps to make this drink taste minty and fresh.
- Orange juice - orange juice helps to bring out the flavor in the passionfruit and balance out some of the tartness.
- Ginger beer (or club soda) - ginger beer is my preference here, because it’s sweeter and you won’t need any sweetener. But club soda is traditionally what’s in a mojito, and you might find you need a dash of sweetener.
My recipe doesn’t call for any sweetener but if you like your drink sweet, go ahead and add a little simple syrup or agave to taste!
How to make a passion fruit mojito alcohol-free!
This recipe is meant to serve 2 people, cheers! Plan accordingly if you’re planning to make a single serving or more for a crowd.
- First, slice the passion fruit in half and split the pulp between two glasses. Just scoop it out, and put it into the glasses, the insides can be a tad jarring if you’ve never had or seen passion fruit before. They’re orange, fleshy, and seedy. Discard the hard outer shells.
- Next, slice the lime in half and squeeze the juice into your glasses.
- Then, add and muddle your mint leaves.
- Add ice to each glass.
- Pour the orange juice over the ice.
- Top with ginger beer.
If you would like to sweeten it up a bit (try sweetening with this strawberry cocktail syrup for a flavorful twist), feel free to stir in some agave or simple syrup to taste (1 teaspoon at a time).
WHAT GLASS IS BEST FOR A MOJITO?
Typically a Collins glass is used, but any tall glass will do.
HOW DO YOU MAKE A VIRGIN MOJITO?
Just follow the recipe linked below! It’s very similar in taste to a real mojito and it’s super refreshing!
WHAT CAN I USE INSTEAD OF MINT FOR A MOJITO?
Typically mint is used and mint gives it that *classic mojito* flavor. BUT, feel free to replace it with basil, although it will taste very different, it’ll be fabulous.
More drink recipes you'll love!
Passion Fruit Mojito Mocktail
- 1 passion fruit
- 1 lime
- 10 mint leaves
- ¼ cup orange juice freshly squeezed
- Ginger beer or club soda
- Slice the passion fruit in half and split the pulp between two glasses.
- Slice the lime in half and squeeze each half into each glass.
- Add 5 mint leaves to each glass and push it around with the back of a wooden spoon to release some of the oils. Then, add a handful of ice to the glasses.
- Split the orange juice between the glasses (2 tbsp each).
- Top the glasses with ginger beer (or club soda).
If you make and love this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you leave a star rating! & Please share, & follow along on Instagram and Pinterest!
Leave a Reply