This post may contain affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, please assume we make a commission. Thank you.
Sleepy-time mocktails are the best! You’re going to love this Tart Cherry and Chamomile Sleepy Mocktail!
It’s the perfect night cap, and of course, completely non-alcoholic.
This is an exciting mocktail, or sometimes called “non-alcoholic cocktail".
They’ve been incredibly popular for Dry January and I love to see people decreasing their alcohol consumption and opting for non-alcoholic drinks.
Not to oversell it - but alcohol seriously disrupts your sleep and going for a mocktail that relaxes you, and supports better sleep, is a way better idea!
Why you'll love this tea mocktail
- It contains relaxing ingredients, perfect for supporting a great night of sleep! The blend of chamomile tea and tart cherry juice is just perfect! And the flavors pair well together!
- So delicious, you’ll feel like you’re sipping on a treat.
- It’s perfect for summer or winter, really! But I love to drink it during Dry January, and I’m sure you will, too!
Ingredients + substitutions
The ingredients are super easy to find at your local grocery store, there's nothing difficult to source or hard to find in this mocktail!
Just a few simple ingredients. If you don't have all of them don't worry, we'll talk about some swaps below.
- Chamomile tea - chamomile tea is famous for being a relaxing sleep elixir, making it perfect for this mocktail! If you’d like you can substitute the chamomile tea for lavender, a chamomile blend, or a sleepytime tea blend.
- Honey - to sweeten the drink, just a little bit! It tastes wonderful and balances out the tartness of the cherry juice.
- Pink salt - just a pinch! For hydration and the balancing of electrolytes. If you don't have pink salt you can just leave it out.
- Tart cherry juice - not only is this tart drink awesome, but it makes you sleepy! If you haven’t tried it to support great sleep, you have to give it a try! I think it really works! And with the chamomile tea it’s a fabulous combination.
- Lime twist - for garnish and fanciness. You can also add a splash of lime juice if you’d like.
Step-by-step (with photos)
Place a chamomile tea bag in a Pyrex measuring cup and pour ¼ cup of boiling water over it.
Stir in the honey and Himalayan salt.
Set aside to cool.
Fill a glass with ice and pour the tea mixture over the ice.
Then add the tart cherry juice.
Top with a splash of sparkling water, give it a gentle stir.
Garnish with a lime twist. And add a splash of lime juice if you'd like (although, I don't think it needs it).
Special equipment needed
This recipe doesn’t require any fancy equipment. I simply used:
- A Pyrex measuring cup (to brew the tea and measure the tart cherry juice).
- A spoon, for stirring the honey into the tea and for stirring the finished drink.
- A low ball glass - to feel fancy. But you can make yours in a wine glass. Any glass works!
- Calm magnesium powder - add ½ tsp of magnesium powder for some extra benefits!
- Tart cherry and valerian mocktail - instead of chamomile tea use valerian. Valerian root is very helpful when it comes to getting ready and in the mood for a good night of sleep!
- Beetroot chamomile mocktail - instead of tart cherry juice you can swap it for beet/beetroot juice (just make sure it’s pure beet juice and not a blend, I’m not sure how that would taste).
More mocktails you'll love:
Most of these mocktail serve one, and are perfect for drinking right at bedtime to unwind after a long day:
Tart Cherry and Chamomile Sleepy Mocktail
- ¼ cup chamomile tea cooled
- ½ tsp honey
- 1 pinch pink Himalayan salt
- ¼ cup tart cherry juice
- Sparkling water
- 1 lime twist for garnish
- Place a chamomile tea bag in a Pyrex measuring cup and pour ¼ cup of boiling water over it.
- Stir in the honey and Himalayan salt.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour the tea mixture over the ice. Then add the tart cherry juice.
- Top with a splash of sparkling water, give it a gentle stir.
- Garnish with a lime twist.