This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, we will make a commission. Thank you.
Oreo Iced coffee is delicious and it’s the perfect way to enjoy both iced coffee and Oreos!
There’s a coffee shop that I love in New Bern, it has all kinds of crazy coffee flavors and Oreo was on the list. It sparked my interest. Although I didn’t order it, I came home and thought about it, until I was left with no choice but to make my own!
Not only is the process rather easy but it’s worth the effort!
- Cooled coffee: just let it cool for 5-10 minutes, it shouldn't be so piping hot that it'll break your glass. But it's okay if it's a little warm, because you'll be pouring it over ice!
- 2 Oreos: feel free to use regular stuff, double stuff, or generic Oreos. It doesn't really matter that much!
- Vanilla extract: for added flavor, but coconut extract is also a nice addition if you don't have vanilla.
- Cinnamon: helps to remove some of the bitterness from the coffee without adding refined sugar or sweetener.
- Chocolate syrup: for garnish or you can add some to your coffee to make it a mocha.
The process for making this Oreo Iced Coffee treat is fairly simple.
- You’ll start by brewing some coffee and adding crushed Oreos, vanilla extract, and a pinch of cinnamon to it before allowing it to cool.
- Then strain the mixture over ice.
- To level it up you can rim your glass with chocolate syrup, top it with whipped cream, and garnish with an Oreo!
Sweeten it: If you like sweeter coffee, add a teaspoon of sugar to the hot coffee before it cools or add a pump or two of simple syrup before serving.
Make it a mocha: Add a teaspoon of chocolate syrup to give it some chocolatey goodness!
You can definitely make this Oreo Iced Coffee ahead of time and save it in the fridge for a day or two in an airtight container or mason jar, but it’s best enjoyed fresh!
It’s a really simple process, it’s not difficult to make Oreo Iced Coffee at home. And by doing so, you will save some money. Coffee shops are expensive!
Not really, but it’s a treat and it should be treated like one! I certainly wouldn’t recommend having an Oreo Iced Coffee three times a day…
*The nutrition facts are located in the recipe card below.
Oreos are vegan! So, to make this recipe fully vegan, swap the heavy cream or half and half for coconut milk (or your favorite plant-based milk).
More recipes you'll love:
Oreo Iced Coffee
- 8 oz brewed coffee
- 2 Oreos crushed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch cinnamon
- 2 tbsp heavy cream or half and half
- Optional for garnish: chocolate syrup, ½ Oreo, whipped cream topping
- Brew and cool 8 oz of coffee. Add two crushed Oreos (both the chocolate shells and the cream in the middle, vanilla extract, and cinnamon to the coffee. Set it aside to cool for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare a mason jar or glass cup by drizzling chocolate syrup around the edges. Fill the cup with ice.
- Strain the coffee into the cup over the ice. Add the heavy cream (or half and half).
- Garnish with whipped cream, chocolate syrup and an Oreo, if desired.