This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, we will make a commission. Thank you.
These Dutch Oven Pork Chops aren't fussy, and they're the perfect weeknight meal! If you like quick, easy, creamy, and delicious, this will be your new go-to recipe!
Serve these Pork Chops with baked potatoes, sweet potato fries, or bacon Brussels sprouts and you've got yourself the perfect weeknight meal!
Meet Your New Favorite Pork Chop
These dutch oven pork chops are delicious, so easy to make, and they really are the perfect weeknight meal. Without getting too crazy with descriptions, let's just say these are a splendid blend of steak Diane, and a classic, thick cut,-bone-in pork chop...
See that sauce?
Let's just talk about that sauce for a moment...
The sauce these pork chops are swimming in is so creamy, so delicious, and so...no-your-mom's-can-of-mushroom-soup "smothered pork chops" that you're probably used to.
This pork chop is grown up, sophisticated...and unlike anything you've ever had.
How to serve this pork chop
This pork chop is mouthwatering, as it is. Not only is it juicy and delicious, but if you serve it over a bed of fluffy mashed potatoes...you might find yourself coming back for seconds!
Why should I cook pork chops in a dutch oven?
The dutch oven is the best way to cook pork chops. The dutch oven makes them unfussy, and simply delicious.
The heat will be evenly distributed, therefore will give your chops a nice golden edge. If you take the time to brine your pork chops, they'll be even better. But that's a total optional step, and only one you need to take if you have the time!
Dutch Oven Pork Chops
- 4 pork rib chops (1.75-2 pounds)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup mushrooms sliced (8 oz package)
- 1 shallot
- 1 yellow onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp flour
- 1 ½ cups stock
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- Pat your pork chops dry with a paper towel and coat them in kosher salt and pepper evenly on each side.
- Add olive oil to a dutch oven over medium heat and sear the pork chops for 3-5 minutes on each side. They shouldn’t be touching, work in batches to keep them evenly spaced. If your chops are on the thinner side, sear for less time, vice versa for thicker chops.
- Remove them from the pan and set aside on a plate. Don’t clean your dutch oven, add the sliced mushrooms, shallot, onion, garlic, and brown sugar. Saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the Italian seasoning, thyme, paprika, and four. Stir until the flour and spices coat the mushroom and onion mixture.
- Add the stock, heavy cream, apple cider vinegar, butter, and dijon mustard. Bring to a simmer and turn the heat down to medium-low, stirring and thickening the sauce for about five minutes.
- Return the pork chops to the pan for 1-2 minutes. Remove from the heat and let it stand for 5 minutes.
Love this recipe?
If you love this recipe I'd appreciate a 5 star review. Reviews help my blog grow and they make me truly happy.
Thank you for your support!
Leave a Reply