Smoked bacon is the best way to cook + enjoy bacon! You’re going to love how easy, delicious, and seriously-addicting this smoked bacon recipe is!
*This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, assume that I’ll make a commission. Thanks for supporting this site!
There's a thing at my house where everyone wants bacon for breakfast, especially on the weekends, but nobody wants the mess over the range, or the lingering smell...
Well, recently I’ve come up with a solution and I think you’re going to like it–smoked bacon!!!
Yes, smoke your bacon outside on your pellet grill. Today, I am using the Pit Boss Pro Series, a Traeger or Camp Chef will also work perfectly–but you’ll have success with any pellet grill, or smoker-type of grill like the Green Egg.
What ingredients will I need to smoke bacon?
Just three simple ingredients:
- Packaged thick-cut bacon–whatever brand you like!
- Brown sugar - this gives the bacon a nice crispy, chewy edge.
- Pepper - just adds a little extra flavor to balance out the sugar.
Trust me, if you aren’t giving your packaged bacon a little level-up with brown sugar and pepper–you must start!
But of course, if you just want to open the package and continue smoking the bacon without the brown sugar or pepper, you can do that!
How do you make smoked bacon?
Start by preheating your smoker to 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
Then toss your bacon slices with brown sugar and pepper.
Place them directly onto the grate of the grill (no need to flip since the smoker heats evenly).
Close the lid, and wait about 30 minutes. Check the slices, and remove them when they’re finished to your liking (mine is after about 40 minutes!).
Then you’ll remove them from the grill and put them on a plate for a few minutes to firm up!
This is the easiest bacon ever! And the best part (aside from the smoky, delicious flavor)? There’s no mess in your kitchen!
What is the best smoker to smoke bacon on?
Today (for most of my smoker/grilling recipes) I am using the Pit Boss Pro Series. I like it, it’s easy to use, and I definitely recommend it.
What are the best pellets for smoking bacon?
But if you wish to only use apple, cherry or hickory, that also works!
- 1 lb thick cut bacon
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp black pepper freshly cracked
- Preheat your pellet grill or smoker to 250°F.
- As it preheats, prep your bacon by pulling it apart and placing it on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle each side of the bacon with brown sugar and pepper.
- Place the bacon directly onto the preheated grill grate, close the lid, and set a timer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, check on it, and if it still needs some time, allow it to finish to your liking! I prefer to let mine smoke for 40 minutes, but I prefer crispier bacon. Just be sure not to overcook - keep an eye on it.
- There’s no need to flip the bacon since the smoker heats evenly.
- When finished, turn the smoker off, and place the bacon onto a clean plate for a few minutes to allow it to firm up.