This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, we will make a commission. Thank you.
A refreshing, easy-to-make (skinny) margarita made with fresh peaches and basil! You're going to absolutely love this Peach Basil Margarita, it tastes great with grilled recipes!
Summer is for fresh peaches and margaritas! Add a little touch of fresh basil to the margarita and you get? Well, heaven on earth! Or at least, heaven on the beach…or your backyard pool…in your hand on the sofa (wherever!)…in margarita form!
And it's super easy to make...let's walk through the process.
What ingredients do I need to make a Peach Basil Margarita?
Raw cane sugar: for rimming your glass. The raw sugar tastes delicious and it looks great!
Juicy fresh peach: it’ll taste great and sweeten your cocktail. Plus it’s the perfect way to use up those summer peaches!
Basil: it’s the perfect sweet herb to pair with peaches.
Blanco tequila: because it’s the best.
Fresh lime juice: to give it that classic marg-taste!
Triple sec: because you’re having a margarita! But if you don’t have it, sub this for fresh orange juice.
Agave nectar: optional, but add it for a touch of sweetness and balance. You can just leave this out if you don’t have it or sub it or honey or simple syrup.
How do you make a Peach Basil Margarita?
It’s easy! And once you’ve made one margarita at home you’ll be able to customize it to your flavor preferences.
First add your chopped basil and peach to a mason jar. Muddle. I find this to be easily done by the back of a wooden spoon or muddler…
Next add the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, lime juice…
Give it a vigorous shake…
Then strain into your rimmed glass with ice!
You can garnish with a basil leaf, and/or some peach slices…
Or just serve it as it is!
More Cocktails to try:
Peach Basil Margarita
- cocktail shaker or mason jar with lid
- 1-2 tbsp raw cane sugar for rimming
- ½ fresh juicy peach just slice a peach in half and remove the pit
- 1 tsp fresh chopped basil
- 1 ½ oz blanco tequila
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- ½ oz triple sec orange liquor
- ½ oz agave nectar
- Rim your class by running the juicy part of a lime wedge along the outer edge of your glass. Spread the raw cane sugar onto a flat plate and wiggle the glass until the sugar sticks.
- In a cocktail shaker or wide-mouth mason jar, muddle the fresh peach and basil.
- Add the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, and agave nectar.
- Add a handful of ice to the shaker, cover, shake vigorously for 5-10 seconds and strain into a glass filled with ice.