This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, we will make a commission. Thank you.
Pan Seared Shrimp with a homemade cajun spice blend is the best shrimp, ever! You’re going to love it because it’s so easy to make and it’s the perfect addition to salads or pastas!
I’m so happy that you’re here and that you’ve found this pan seared blackened shrimp recipe! This shrimp takes less than 20 minutes to make and it’s just incredible!
What is the difference between blackened shrimp and cajun shrimp?
There are some slight differences but I’m using the terms interchangeably. First, note that “blackened” doesn’t mean burnt. The thick spice coating gives it a “blackened” look during the searing process.
Sometimes “blackened” is spicier than cajun, but there isn’t much of a difference and the taste is very similar.
For this recipe if you don’t want to mix up your own spice blend, just substitute 2 tablespoons of cajun spice in place of the spices in this recipe.
Let’s talk about the ingredients needed to make this recipe:
- Shrimp - Large orJumbo - Any shrimp that you like works, just make sure it’s peeled and deveined. You can remove the tail or leave it on. There’s more flavor if you leave it on, but this is totally up to your preference!
- Olive oil - Olive oil is my preference but you may use any neutral tasting oil.
- Garlic - Garlic adds a nice zing! Spices - The spice blend includes: paprika, onion powder, kosher salt, cayenne, oregano, pepper, thyme.
If you don’t want to mix up your own spice blend, you can substitute it for 2 tablespoons of cajun spice blend. Whether you want to add or omit the fresh garlic is up to you, typically pre-blended cajun spice has a garlic flavor to it.
How to make it
Pan seared shrimp is super easy to make, you’re simply going to mix the shrimp, olive oil, garlic, and spices together. You can cover it and marinate it for up to 24 hours or you can make it immediately.
You’ll heat up your pan with a drizzle of olive oil, and sear the shrimp on each side. That’s it!
Serve this with
- Blood Orange Salad
- Lobster Carbonara (layer in the shrimp!)
More recipes you'll love
If you make and love this recipe, I’d appreciate it if you leave a star rating! Also, please share, & follow along on Instagram and Pinterest!
Pan Seared Shrimp
- 1 lb shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil estra virgin
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp cayenne
- ½ tsp oregano
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp thyme
- Toss the shrimp, olive oil, garlic cloves, and spices together.
- In a medium cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat, add a drizzle of olive oil and the shrimp, make sure they’re not touching!
- Sear the shrimp on each side for 3 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and serve with rice, pasta, or polenta!
*You can make the shrimp immediately or marinate it for up to 24 hours.
*Store leftover shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply