This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, we will make a commission. Thank you.
This Tuscan-style soup is what dreams are made of! Inspired by the region of Tuscany and of course, the Olive Garden, this soup reminds you of your favorite *never-ending* indulgence! This Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana is SO GOOD, and SO EASY! Oh and the best part? It comes together in about 30 minutes!
***This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I’ll make a commission. Thank you for supporting this site!
OH MY GOSH, this soup is probably better than the real thing that you get at the Olive Garden. I'm not exaggerating here, this soup is so good, and really it tastes just like the delicious endless soup that you get with tons of breadsticks and salad. And maybe a bottle of wine? It pairs very well with dry white, by the way.
WHAT IS ZUPPA TOSCANA
Zuppa Toscana is an Italian-inspired soup, specifically inspired by the region of Tuscany. I don’t know about you, but this is truly the region that inspires me most in the kitchen.
This Tuscan-Inspired Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana is pretty easy to make and the ingredients you need are:
- Italian sausage (spice or sweet)
- Olive oil
- Potatoes (russet)
- Chicken broth (or vegetable, or bone broth)
- Parmesan cheese
- Heavy cream
HOW DO YOU MAKE INSTANT POT ZUPPA TOSCANA
The full recipe is linked below, but here are the basics:
1 Saute the bacon and sausage, drain and set aside, discard the grease.
2 Saute the onion, shallot, and potatoes in olive oil.
3 Add the broth, return the bacon and sausage, secure the IP (Instant Pot) lid, switch the knob to SEAL, and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
4 Manually release the pressure, add the parmesan, heavy cream, and kale. Salt + pepper to taste.
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS TO MAKE THIS SOUP
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, this is where I’m going to try to convince you to buy one immediately. YOU WILL LOVE IT!!!
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot
- 6 slices bacon diced
- 16 oz Italian sausage (ground or casings removed) sweet or spicy, that's up to you
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 shallot minced
- ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 potatoes peeled + diced
- 5 cups chicken broth or vegetable
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese grated
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch kale chopped + stems removed
- salt + pepper to taste
- Turn your IP (Instant Pot) to SAUTE on high, and cook the bacon for about 3 minutes and drain it on a paper towel. Set it aside.
- Don't remove the grease from the IP and add the Italian sausage. Saute until fully cooked (5-7 minutes). Drain on a paper towel and set aside. Drain all of the grease and discard.
- Add the olive oil, onion, shallot, spices, and potatoes. Saute for 5 minutes. Return the sausage, bacon to the pot. Add the broth, and place the lid securely on top and switch the knob to "seal". Turn the IP to MANUAL PRESSURE COOK on high and set the timer for 10 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon, flip the knob to "vent" and allow the pressure to release and then carefully remove the lid. Turn the IP to OFF, then click SAUTE. Stir in the parmesan cheese and heavy cream until combined and melted.
- Add the chopped kale and stir. Serve immediately.