Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is SO GOOD, so seasonal, and seriously, it’s just perfect. It’s a cheeseburger in soup form, you can even top it with some toasted burger buns, extra cheese, and pickles (if that’s your thing)!
***This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I'll make a commission. Thanks for supporting this site!
DO I NEED AN INSTANT POT TO MAKE BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP?
For this recipe, yes, you do need an Instant Pot. If you don’t have one, this is the one I recommend. And LOVE. In general, I’d say, it’s just a necessary kitchen tool. It’s perfect for nights when you don’t have a lot of time and want to throw something together very quickly with minimal cleanup!
I think I might just be obsessed with my Instant Pot. I use it more than my range and that’s not an exaggeration.
WHAT INGREDIENTS DO I NEED?
- Ground beef
- Olive oil
- Cheddar cheese
- Heavy cream
HOW DO YOU MAKE IP BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP?
Please see the recipe card below for the full instructions. But here’s a quick rundown of how you’ll put this together:
- You’ll fire up your Instant Pot and saute the bacon, then the ground beef, and then the garlic onions, spices, and potatoes.
- Then you’ll add your broth, and pressure cook for 10 minutes.
- Finally, you’ll stir in your cheese, heavy cream, and serve with toppings!
See the next paragraph for topping ideas…
HOW TO SERVE INSTANT POT BACON CHEESEBURGER SOUP
In the winter months, craving a cheeseburger is still a very real thing. But firing up the grill outside in the snow isn’t really going to happen, that’s why this Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup is the perfect solution!!
After making the recipe, I LOVE to top mine with classic cheeseburger toppings, like:
- Chopped pickles, and i love WICKED PICKLES, if you haven’t tried them, I suggest you try them!
- Shredded cheese
- Bacon bits
- Toasted sesame buns (just throw some sesame buns into the toaster oven or toaster for a minute, and chop them up)
Instant Pot Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- Pressure Cooker/Instant Pot
- 3 slices bacon diced
- 1 lb ground beef 85% lean
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 onion diced
- 6 russet potatoes peeled + diced
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 5 cups chicken broth or vegetable
- 4 oz cheddar cheese grated
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- ¾ cup heavy cream
- Turn the Instant Pot to SAUTE, and add diced bacon and saute until crispy (3-5 minutes). Remove and drain on a paper towel. Set aside.
- Add the ground beef and saute until browned (about 5-10 minutes). Drain it on a paper towel and discard any remaining grease.
- Add olive oil, minced garlic, diced onion, diced potatoes and spices. Saute for 3-5 minutes and then add the broth. Turn off the IP, place the lid securely on top, and turn the knob to SEAL. Turn the pressure cooker to PRESSURE COOK on high and set it for 10 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon, turn the knob to VENT and wait for the pressure to manually release.
- Carefully remove the lid and stir in the grated cheddar, cream cheese and heavy cream. Stir until melted and serve with desired toppings.