Vegan spinach and kale dip is not only elegant; it’s healthy! Tastes delicious, and perhaps you might even consider it as a balanced meal with an overpriced wine (I do).
As you know, COVID-19 is still at the forefront of our minds. With limited resources, we’re all working with what we have, and pantry staples mean something different to everyone. I made this recipe with my “pantry staples” and perhaps you will, too?
If I had my act together, I would have served (and photographed) this recipe with crusty sourdough, but in reality, I had some tortilla chips, and here we are. But to be honest? This dip is perfect with some tortilla chips! Or pita bread, which is what I used when I ran out of tortilla chips!
To avoid boring you with any further details that don’t pertain to my recipe, I’m just going to get right to it. This dip is delicious.
- Impressive +
- Perfect for date night.
You’ll need just a few ingredients, like:
- Olive oil
- Raw cashews
- Dry white wine
- Soy milk
- Balsamic vinegar
- Nutritional yeast
- + Kale!
Making this dip really couldn’t be smoother. It looks fancy, it tastes fancy, but to make it requires not a lot of time, but it does require a little bit of attention to detail. You’re going to blend the cashews, wine, lemon juice, garlic, capers (and brine), soy milk (you could use any unsweetened plant-based milk), salt, balsamic vinegar, and nutritional yeast.
In an oven-safe pan, saute the spinach and kale until it’s just wilted, then add the contents of the blender and bake for a few minutes until it’s heated throughout.
Then you’ll serve it with crusty bread, chips or pitas.
PLANT BASED SPINACH AND KALE DIP NOTES
The only not that I have about this recipe is that you don’t want to bake it too long or it’ll get dry. You want a warm, creamy spinach and kale dip. Not a dry, horrible dip. Please don’t bake it too long. No more than five minutes is my recommendation.
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS
OTHER @PLANTSDISH RECIPES YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments and give this recipe a star rating and feedback. Also, please follow me on IG @plantsdish and tag your creation #plantsdish. For more plant-forward content, follow me on Pinterest!
Vegan Spinach and Kale Dip
- 1 cup cashews rinsed under hot water
- 3/4 cup soy milk unsweetened
- 1/4 cup white wine dry
- 1 tbsp capers + 1 tsp brine
- 2 lemons juiced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups spinach chopped
- 1/2 cup kale chopped
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a blender or food processor, add the cashes, white wine, capers (and brine), lemon juice, garlic, nutritional yeast, balsamic vinegar, and salt. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- In an oven-safe cast iron skillet or pan ove medium heat add the olive oil, chopped spinach and kale and saute for about ten minutes. Add contents of blender to the spinach and kale and toss until combined.
- Place the iron skillet or oven safe pan into the oven for 5 minutes. Serve immediately with pitas, sourdough bread, or tortilla chips.