Honey Apricot Goat Cheese Balls are THE BALLS to have in your mouth this holiday season!
These Honey Apricot Goat Cheese Balls are the perfect appetizer for holiday events! When you think of goat cheese balls, you might think of a traditional tarte cheese that pairs well with salty, fruity, and crunchy elements.
And that it does, but when all combined into one and split into individual servings, you get this perfect little appetizer. Ideal served as a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner appetizer, but also paired well with wine.
It’s my personal opinion that goat cheese is one of the easiest pairings with wine, I like it with dry whites and bold reds. But then again, I’m not an expert on wine pairings, but I know what I like.
These Honey Apricot Goat Cheese Balls really couldn’t be easier and they take only ten minutes to put together. Simply melt your butter and thyme, add the rest of the ingredients. Cool completely, then roll the goat cheese into balls and coat with the sweet mixture. Then chill.
So simple, so easy, and pretty impressive looking when added to a holiday spread or charcuterie board.
Honey Apricot Goat Cheese Balls
- 3 tbsp salted butter
- ¼ tsp dried thyme
- 3 tbsp pecans chopped
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 oz goat cheese
- In a pan over medium heat, add thyme and butter, stirring continuously until melted. Remove from heat once melted.
- Add the chopped pecans, apricot jam, brown sugar, and honey. Stir until combined. Cool completely.
- While waiting for the mixture to cook, slice the goat cheese into six equal sections.
- Roll each section into a ball and roll it in the cooled mixture until completely coated. Repeat until you have six balls.
- Place into the refrigerator to set for at least an hour.
- Add toothpicks or pretzel sticks to each ball (if desired), serve with crackers.