Air Fryer Steak Tips are delicious made with minimal ingredients, and ready in just 10 minutes! This is a great recipe if you’re RV-ing, staying at a hotel, or just seriously pressed for time!
Air Fryer Steak Tips are an easy recipe to add to your rotation. They’re fast, easy, so good. Perfect for adding to tacos, salads, or with a simple side dish (like this AF baked potato).
Or just eat them alone, as steak (and steak alone) is a fine dinner.
What ingredients do I need to make Air Fryer Steak Tips?
TOP SIRLOIN: It’s an inexpensive cut, and often thick, perfect for making AF Sirloin Bites and customizing them to your liking.
OLIVE OIL: This will help to keep the outsides flavorful and juicy.
SOY SAUCE: Perfect for a bit of salty flavor.
BROWN SUGAR: To help with caramelization. OPTIONAL.. but a good idea for quick caramelization of the steak "crust".
SEA OR KOSHER SALT: You want some tenderness and flavor.
MELTED BUTTER: Not necessary, but makes the steak taste better.
How do you make perfect steak in the air fryer?
- First, cut the steak into cubes and toss it in the spices.
- Then, air fry the steak. Give the basket a shake, air fry a little longer.
- Toss in melted butter.
Then, serve over rice, salad, or just eat it.
- For more details scroll down to the recipe card below.
What is the perfect temperature for Air Fried Steak?
First let me mention that the AF cooks evenly so really there’s no reason to flip it at all, technically. But for a nice crusty sear, give it a flip at least 4 minutes into the job.
Here are some quick guidelines as it pertains to internal temperature:
Rare: (very red-pink): 125-130 degrees F.
Medium Rare: (pink): 130-135 degrees F.
Medium: (light pink): 135-140 degrees F.
Medium-Well: 140-150 degrees F.
Well-Done: 155 degrees F +
More air fryer recipes you'll love:
Air Fryer Steak Tips
- Air Fryer
- ½ lb top sirloin cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp brown sugar packed
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp sea salt or kosher (avoid table salt if possible)
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp butter melted (optional)
- Toss the cubed steak with olive oil, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic powder, salt, onion powder, and black pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat your air fryer on the AIR FRY setting at 400℉ for 3 minutes.
- When it’s hot, add the steak bites, give them space to “breathe”, they shouldn’t be touching. Close the basket and set the time for 3 minutes.
- Give the basket a shake, then set the timer for another 3 minutes for a medium-rare doneness.
- Remove the steak bites from the basket. Toss them with warm melted butter.
- Allow to “rest” for 1-2 minutes.
Medium Rare: 130-135 degrees F
Medium: 135-140 degrees F
Medium-Well: 140-150 degrees F
Well-Done: 155 degrees F or higher