This is a creamy, dreamy, thick vegan hot chocolate that you need just as much as an oversized sweater!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase through one of my links I’ll make a commission at no extra cost to you. Thanks for supporting this site!
HOW DO YOU SPEND THE HOLIDAYS?
That’s a question that I’m often asked and I like to answer by simply saying: guilt free. The same way that I like to enjoy my hot chocolate!
You see, we’re a military family and we used to travel for the holidays to see extended family, but as of lately, that’s become wayyyy too difficult to pull off with three kids. For years, there was a lot of guilt attached, but it’s something we’ve learned to let go of. Now, we stay home (wherever that is on any given year), have our own traditions, and embrace every second of it.
One of our traditions is to wrap gifts on Christmas eve with this very hot chocolate. That may or may not be spiked from time to *most of the* time…
The secret to making this thick creamy hot chocolate is coconut cream, it’s not the same as coconut milk but if you don’t have a can of coconut cream on hand, feel free to use the thick stuff at the top of the can of full fat coconut milk, that’ll work just fine too!
Vegan Coconut Hot Chocolate
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder unsweetened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup coconut cream shake the can well before measuring
- 2 cups almond milk unsweetened
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- add the cocoa powder, sugar, coconut cream, and almond milk to a sauce pan and whisk over high heat until the mixture comes to a boil and turn the heat down to medium
- continue to whisk for two minutes and remove from heat
- add the vanilla extract and salt, stir, and pour into mugs
- top with coconut whipped cream, cinnamon, and candy cane pieces (if desired)
- follw @plantsdish on IG, snap a pic, and tag #plantsdish! Enjoy!
HOLIDAY ENTERTAINMENT RECOMMENDATIONS
A CHRISTMAS PRINCE: THE ROYAL BABY: The A Christmas Prince saga continues with the third installment featuring all of the Christmas coziness you’ll ever need. While I really don’t think it was quite as enjoyable as part I or II, it’s still a must-watch in my opinion.
THE KNIGHT BEFORE CHRISTMAS: This one! Oh what can I even say, other than I’ll take a medieval knight in shining armour and a Vanessa Hudgens flick any day. It’s pretty cute, I watched this movie with my ten year old and we both enjoyed it, for different reasons.