You guys are going to be obsessed with this vegan buffalo chicken dip! And trust me, nobody will know it’s vegan!
**This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase, I’ll make a commission. Thank you for supporting this site!
Dips at parties and barbecues are my jam. I love piling my plate full of chips and grabbing a heaping spoonful of all the dips and taking them for a spin. Can you relate to this?
I’m all about that labneh, fire roasted salsa, and of course, this vegan buffalo chicken dip!
To say that it’s mind blowing, easy, and nobody will know it’s vegan is a big promise, but I left a batch of this on my counter for my husband after work and I said, “so what did you think of the vegan buffalo dip?”
His eyes got big and he said, “holy crap! That’s vegan? But there was chicken in it?”
If he can be fooled into believing it’s the real thing, I’m thinking that your meat and potatoes uncle at the next family gathering will be as well.
HOW TO SHRED JACKFRUIT + WHERE TO GET IT
I like to get my canned jackfruit from Trader Joe’s. It’s affordable and quality–but you can also get it on Amazon, and this is a good brand.
When shredding your jackfruit, you don’t have to discard any of it, keep the hard stems and just push them apart with your fingers. All of it will shred, just gently pull it apart with your hands or using two forks, and it will start to resemble a pulled meat look and texture.
HELPFUL KITCHEN TOOLS + INGREDIENTS
OTHER @PLANTSDISH RECIPES
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE
Please let me know your thoughts in the comments and give this recipe a star rating and feedback. Also, please follow me on IG @plantsdish and tag your creation #plantsdish. For more plant-forward content, follow me on Pinterest!
Vegan Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 1 20 oz can jackfruit in brine or water
- 1/2 cup hot sauce Frank's is recommended
- 1/2 cup vegan ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt unsweetened, like Kite Hill
- 1/2 cup raw, unsalted cashews soaked in hot water for 30 minutes if not using a high-powered blender
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In a pan over medium heat, add the chopped onion, garlic, and olive oil and saute for ten minutes. Put the onions and garlic into the blender.
- Add your soaked cashews (if you're using a high-powered blender, you don't need to soak your cashews), hot sauce, ranch dressing, yogurt, nutritional yeast, and apple cider vinegar to your blender and blend on high for two minutes until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Drain and rinse your jackfruit and then use your fingers to shred it. There isn't any part of the jackfruit that you need to discard, all of it will shred. Add the shredded jackfruit to your blender and pulse once or twice until just combined.
- Pour the mixture into a greasted or parchment-lined 8×8 baking dish. Bake for 25 minutes or until hot, thick, and bubbly.