This buffalo crab dip is a fun twist on a traditional recipe. Perfect for parties, gatherings, or a solo snack, if that’s what you’re into!
This buffalo crab dip is creamy, delicious, and cheesy spin on a traditional crowd pleaser!
It’s incredible, bursting with cheesy-goodness made with:
You might have all of these ingredients on hand!
My friends, when I say this is my favorite dip–I really mean it’s my favorite dip!
I’m a seafood and spice person. The hotter the better, in my humble opinion. But this recipe isn’t a fire-in-your-mouth type of recipe. It’s perfectly balanced between cheesiness, spiciness, and addictive-ness!
It’s slightly more elegant than buffalo chicken dip, as it uses white wine, crab, and parmesan. Making it perfect for a dinner party, game day, date night, or a weekend snack.
WHEN TO MAKE BUFFALO CRAB DIP
There’s never a bad time to throw this dip into the mix. I typically enjoy serving it at gatherings, because then I’m forced to share and won’t finish it all in one go.
The best thing about this dip is that it’s a fun twist on a typical buffalo chicken dip. And a preferable twist, I might add. I often make this dip over buffalo chicken and I’ve never received a single complaint in doing so!
Buffalo Crab Dip
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 shallot minced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 oz cream cheese softened
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 8 oz lump crab meat patted dry
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 2 tbsp hot sauce like Frank's
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp old bay seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees fahrenheit.
- In an oven-safe pan over medium heat, add olive oil, minced shallot, and minced garlic. Saute for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the softened cream cheese, half of the grated sharp cheddar (reserve the other half for topping), crab meat, dry white wine, mayo, hot sauce, lemon juice and old bay seasoning. Continue to stir over medium heat until combined for 3-5 minutes.
- Top with reserved cheddar cheese and fresh cracked pepper, bake for 15-20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips or crusty bread.
MORE DIP RECIPES