An oil-free almond butter granola recipe with chunks of chocolate? Sign me up!
This post contains affiliate links. If you click a link and make a purchase I’ll make a commission. Thanks for supporting this site!
ALMOND BUTTER GRANOLA
For years I’ve been buying granola in bags at the grocery store. My favorite granola is the Trader Joe’s Almond Butter granola–so I set out to create something similar to that, but oil free! Why is there oil in granola? Well, to create a chunky texture. This granola has somewhat of a chunky texture, however it’s not insanely chunky like some and it doesn’t matter, because it’s delicious. And it makes the entire house smell like freshly-baked cookies.
GRANOLA IS EASY TO MAKE
Granola is really easy to make, so easy in fact, that I wonder why more people don’t do it. You likely already have everything you need on hand, and you can customize it to fit your preferences. If you don’t like cinnamon, leave it out. If you like cashew butter better than almond butter, use that! If you want to substitute the dates for some other dried fruit, by all means, go for it!
IT’S HEALTHY, TOO
This granola is oil-free, can be gluten-free if you’re using GF oats, and it can be made refined sugar-free depending on your brand of chocolate chips. I like this brand: Lily’s Sweets.
I like to eat this granola right off the pan but it’s also great with some Cashew Whole Milk, sprinkled on a smoothie bowl, or with some vegan yogurt!
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THIS ALMOND BUTTER GRANOLA RECIPE!
If you make this recipe, please tag #plantsdish on IG, or share your creation with me on Pinterest!
Almond Butter Granola (Oil-Free)
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds raw, unsalted
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 5 Medjool dates diced
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- preheat oven to 350 degrees F
- in a large bowl whisk together almond butter, cocoa powder, cinnamon, and maple syrup until combined
- fold in the oats, almonds, and dates
- on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spread the granola evenly and bake for 20-25 minutes
- once cooled, add chocolate chips and store in an airtight container for up to two weeks